Application and Advantages of Aerogel Fiberglass Insulation in Petrochemical Industry
2018-05-03 18:02:03 From: Tradematt-Aerogel
Aerogel Fiberglass Insulation is mainly used for thermal insulation of heavy oil high-temperature steam injection mining pipelines and medium pipelines in refining plants. The general temperature is between -200°C~650°C. Lightweight Aerogel Fiberglass Insulation can effectively reduce the amount of external insulation layer, so that the overall cost is reduced, and it has excellent hydrophobicity, waterlogging rate ≥98% and PH value is neutral, will not corrode the insulation pipe, thereby prolonging the construction object Service life, and reduce post-maintenance costs. With the same insulation effect, using Aerogel Fiberglass Insulation can effectively reduce the volume of the construction object, thereby significantly increasing the piping arrangement rate.
Today's industrial transmission heating pipelines, the pipeline temperature from tens of degrees to 600 degrees. Magnesium aluminosilicate materials and glass fiber materials are widely used for the insulation of these pipes. About 30 years ago, almost all of the thermal insulation projects used rock wool and mineral wool materials. Rock wool thermal insulation has been eliminated in industrial thermal insulation projects. Aerogel Fiberglass Insulation has become the best choice. In the case of little difference in construction performance, waterproof performance, etc., the main reason for being eliminated is the difference in thermal conductivity.
Now there are problems in the global insulation project:
● unreasonable insulation structure, the insulation thickness is not standardized, not in place insulation construction.
● deformation, sedimentation, poor thermal stability, high breakage rate, post poor insulation effect, unable to meet the process requirements.
● The insulation effect is poor and drops significantly, resulting in increased maintenance costs for the insulation project and increased equipment operating costs.
● The service life is only 3 to 5 years, and it needs to be replaced when it expires.
● Not completely waterproof, easy to absorb moisture and corrode pipes.
● For pipes with a temperature higher than 100 degrees, the insulation layer needs to be at least >200 mm thick, and the pipe line has a high heat flux density and high heat loss.
Benefits of Aerogel Fiberglass Insulation:
● Aerogel Fiberglass Insulation Thermal insulation effect is 2-5 times that of traditional insulation materials. The advantage is more obvious at high temperatures and it lasts longer.
● The entire material is water-repellent, which can effectively prevent water from entering the pipeline and the interior of the equipment. It also has Class A1 fire performance.
● Aerogel Fiberglass Insulation is lightweight, easy to cut and sew to adapt to different shapes of pipe and equipment insulation, and requires less installation time and manpower.
● Less package size and lighter weight can greatly reduce the transportation cost of insulation materials.
● While keeping the equipment warm, it can also function as sound absorption, noise reduction, shock buffering, etc. to improve the environmental quality and protect the equipment.
● Aerogel Fiberglass Insulation requires only 1/2 to 1/5th of the thickness to achieve the same insulation effect as traditional materials, with very low heat loss and high space utilization.